Family & Friends / Culture
Undiscovered Trails of Sri Lanka
Join to discover the undiscovered, to go off the beaten track exploring the boundaries of the rarely visited sites of Sri Lanka with our 10 days Journey around the north.
- Seat in Coach (Shared) Group Tour
- Duration: 9 Nights / 10 Days.
- Village Trek of Hiriwaduna.
- Visit to Pidurangala
- Uncommonly visited sites such as Ritigala Monastery, Mihintale Temple, Tantirimale Monastery, Velgam Vihara and Jaffna.
- Visit to the Pigeon Island, Fort Frederick, Konesweram Temple in Trincomalee.
- Visit to Dambakola Patuna, Casurina Beach, Nallur Hindu Temple in Jaffna.
- Flight back to Colombo from Jaffna.
- Tour hosted by a well experienced National Guide.
Arrive at the Sri Lankan Airport and make your way to Wattala, and check in at the hotel.
Sri Lanka is known for its best hospitality, so get ready for a great adventure to explore some hidden gems in the country. Island is full is rich in culture and tradition. Retire from your long journey to get ready for a great beginning.
Overnight stay at Pegasus Reef on bed and breakfast basis.
Magnificent view of the rock
Hiriwaduna / Sigiriya Rock
Today enjoy your breakfast and we take a 4 hours’ drive to the famous cultural triangle of the country. Before check in at the hotel we take a real experience of village living at the Hiriwaduna and enjoy an aroma of freshly cooked authentic Sri Lankan cuisine. take a tractor ride through the village paths or head over to a farmers ‘wattle and daub’ house and speak to the farmers family and they will surely welcome you with a sweet king coconut drink which is bliss after the trek along the jungle. You’re bound to have a true Sri Lankan experience!
Thereafter we make our journey to the hotel to check in.
Then visit the magnificent Piduranagala rock, this is adjacent to Sigiriya rock which is the best spot to view Sigiriya rock. on top of the rock which gives amazing 360- degree view of the valley.
Take a minute to enjoy the sunset, and picture the glorious king’s palace exclusive to the Sri Lankan royalty in ere days.
Overnight stay Habarana village by cinnamon on Half board basis.
The ruins of Ritigala monastery
After scrumptious breakfast, we make our way to one of the South Asia’s most evocative sights. Before heading, make a stop to explore Ritigala monastery.
Ritigala is the highest mountain range in northern Sri Lanka. In addition, there is mysterious stories and belief Ritigala has powerful medicinal herbs near the crest. It’s believed to have the power of conferring long life and curing all human pain. From the early days of Buddhism, monks had been living in natural caves or rock shelters. Rock inscriptions discovered at Ritigala indicate that gradually, the sanctuary became a monastic retreat for monks.
thereafter proceed for your hotel check in and rest for a while and later after noon
another site to discover, Mihintale is a mountain peak near Anuradhapura in Sri Lanka. It is believed by Sri Lankans to be the site of a meeting between the Buddhist monk Mahinda and King Devanampiyatissa that inaugurated the presence of Buddhism in Sri Lanka. It is now a pilgrimage site, and the site of several religious monuments and abandoned structure.
Overnight stay Rajarata Hotel on half board basis.
A symbolic land of ancient art, culture
Today after breakfast at the hotel we Explore Anuradhapura where Temples and lakes have withstood the tests of time for thousands of years. Witness the well preserved ancient ruins of Sri Lankan civilization. A symbolic land of ancient art, culture and religion, a UNESCO world heritage site marveled by thousands of people every year.
Lunch at a local restaurant.
The Tantirimale monastery is a vast panoramic site having wide boulders spreading over 250 acres in the midst of dense forest covers. The climb and the walk around the caves and restored ruins is an enjoyable experience. Walking to the right and reaching the top of the rock, we come to the “Bodhi tree”, one of the first eight offshoots of the original Bo-sapling brought to Sri Lanka during the time of King Devanampiyatissa in the 3rd Century BC.
After the visit to Tantirimale, we make a visit to Jaya Sri Maha Bodhi. This is a sacred fig tree in Mahamewana gardens in Anuradhapura. It is said that to be southern branch from the historical tree at Buddha gaya in India which lord Buddha attained enrichment. The Buddhists in general have a strong belief that offerings made to the Jaya Sri Maha Bodhi have produced significant and positive changes in their life. It has also been customary for many Buddhists to make a special vow before the Jaya Sri Maha Bodhi for the safe delivery of their babies without malformations and for many other cures.
Transfer back to the hotel to retire from a long day after a city tour of Anuradhapura.
Overnight stay at Rajarata Hotel on half board basis
Infinite stretches of turquoise blue waters.
With a great start we head towards Trincomalee is a striking town situated in the east coast and considered a sacred place by the locals for both Buddhists and Hindus it has a historical religious significance. The town is well-known for its natural harbor and the sky blue shallow seas.
On arrival check in at the hotel and enjoying away relaxing on the beach. Towards late afternoon (optional),to visit the pigeon islands to enjoy rare corals and marine animals such as baby and adult blacktip reef sharks. These sharks are up to five feet long and are reliably seen in an area next to the larger of the two islands, known as Shark Point Reef. Together observe endemic and migrant bird species.
Transfer back to the hotel.
Overnight stay at Trinco Blue on Half board basis.
Exploring The East Coast
Today after breakfast, we discover the following sites:
The Portuguese built the fort Fredrick in 1623 and location in the Trincomalee town. As well the famous Koneswaram temple is located inside the fort. Back in the days this hindu temple was known as the thousand pillars however according the information found the Portuguese had demolished the old Koneswaram temple and they build this fort using these parts.
After lunch, we proceed to visit Velgam Vihara is one of the most important point is in the temple that this is been worshiped by both Sinhala and Tamil Buddhist in Sri Lanka. For Tamil worshipers this is known as the Natanar Kovil and for other its Velgam Vihara.
Thereafter transfer back to the hotel to enjoy a peaceful holiday you deserve with its beautiful landscape and the infinite stretches of turquoise blue waters.
Overnight stay at Trinco Blue on half board basis.
07 & 08
After enjoying the best beaches we head towards Jaffna, one of the must visit places in Sri Lanka, Jaffna is full of unique culture, colour, vibrancy and a place of its own. It is situated in the northern tip of Sri Lanka and has a Tamil population predominantly making it the Tamil cultural hub in the island.
In here We explore the following attractions including the Jaffna library, Jaffna fort which is the 2nd largest fort in the country, Nallur Hindu Temple, Nagadeepa Buddhist Temple and of course Casurina Beach which is hauntingly beautiful. Keerimalei hot water wells, Dambakola Patuna, After Mihindu Maha Thero brought Buddhism to Sri Lanka in 250BC, his sister, Theri Sanghamitta arrived in Sri Lanka with a Sacred Bo Sapling one year later to this port and the Naguleswaram temple is a very ancient temple believed to be one of the five Iswarams (divine residences) of Shaivism.
To end the day you are in for some amazing local food.
Overnight stay at Jetwing Jaffna on half board basis
Heading towards the capital City.
After breakfast at the hotel, we catch a short flight to the capital city. Once you arrive to Colombo before we check in to the hotel we will drive around Colombo to show some of the iconic locations such as BMICH, Old Parliament, Red Masjid, Fort city tour, Khan Clock Tower, Galle Face.
Thereafter transfer to the hotel for check in. Evening small shopping excursion to buy local batiks and sweet to take back home. (optional visit to try some of the amazing local street food and TUK TUK local experience)
Overnight stay at Fairway on bed and breakfast basis.
End an amazing tour of hidden gems in the country or speak to one of our destination specialist extend your stay to explore the southern of Sri Lanka.
- 9 nights’ accommodation in twin rooms with private en-suite facilities.
- Single travelers have the option to pay a single supplement to ensure a private room.
- 9 Breakfast / 1 Lunch / 7 Dinners
- Modern air-conditioned coach.
- Village excursion in Hiriwaduna.
- Climb to the Pidurangala Rock for an amazing view of Sigiriya.
- Visit the Ritigala Monastery, the highest mountain peak in northern Sri Lanka.
- Explore the city of Anuradhapura including a visit to the Mihintale Temple, Tantirimale Monastery ad Velgam Vehera.
- Discover Sri Lankan Tamil culture by exploring the city of Jaffna, the unseen side of Sri Lanka.
- Authentic meal experience in an organic farm in Jaffna.
- Explore Trincomalee, the port city of northeast including a visit to the historical Fort Frederick and Koneswaram Temple.
- City tour of the commercial capital of Colombo.
- Service of your Taya Finch National Guide, who will be on hand with advice and tips and great knowledge of Sri Lanka to assist you throughout your tour.
- All taxes and fees included.
- Free Taya Finch souvenir – a memorable gift of your once in a lifetime trip.
- Tips of any personal nature / Porter charges.
- International flights.
- Travel insurance.
- Camera fees at sites.
- Cost of any optional excursions.
- Arrival / Departure airport transfers.
Terms & Conditions
- Issue of visa is at the sole discretion of the Sri Lanka immigration. Even through Sri Lanka do have on arrival visa, it is always advisable to apply for visa in advance online to avoid any inconvenience during a busy time at the airport. Speak to our Destination Specialists for more information on visa.
- Partners: When you book for more than one person, you will by default be grouped together (unless specifically requested not to). If you are unequal numbers (3, 5, 7 etc.) and are unable to secure a triple room, then the remaining person will be roomed with another passenger of the same gender.
- Single Travelers: If you are travelling alone, there is no extra charge. You will share a twin room with another passenger of the same gender. There is an optional single supplement available for you if you wish to have a private room. This can be added at the time of booking or by contacting one of our Destination Specialists. Please note that the room provided may be a single room with a single bed.
Children on Tour
- We would not recommend this tour for Children below 10 years of age considering the activities that are covered during the tour.
- As per the policies of the Local Authorities and hotels, child of age 12 and above will be charges at an adult rate.
- Children below the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who accepts full responsibility of them. Unaccompanied minors will not be accepted on tour. Taya Finch reserves the right to decline any booking at our discretion.
Arrival/Departure Airport Transfers
- Price does not include arrival/departure airport transfers.
- Speak to our Destination Specialist and book your transfers with Taya Finch on a very special discounted rate.
- Want to explore Sri Lanka more? Speak to our Destination Specialist with your requirements. We would be glad to assist you.
- All tours are guarantee to departure – So don’t worry about your tour being cancelled last minute.
- If you wish to include any optional excursions listed on the itinerary, please consult one of our Destination Specialist for more details.
- The itinerary and the dates are fixed and cannot be changed.
- If you have a group of 10 person or more, you will be able to book a private tour with the flexibility to change the dates or the program – speak to our Destination Specialist for more details.
- Price is based on 4 star accommodation.