- Seat in Coach (Shared) Group Tour.
- 9 Nights / 10 Days Tour.
- Spend the day with your own elephant.
- Cycling Tour in Kandy.
- 4x4 jeep experiences.
- Hike to Ritigala.
- Game drives at Minneriya and Wilpattu National Park.
- Culinary Experiences and more.
Welcome to Sri Lanka
Airport - Colombo
Arrive at the hotel and check-in and spend the rest of your day on leisure.
Overnight stay at Pegasus Reef, Wattala
A day with an Elephant
Colombo - Pinnawala - Kandy
After enjoying a delightful breakfast at the hotel, we will take a two hour drive Pinnawala to “have your own elephant for a day” at Millennium Elephant Foundation (MEF), where you can touch, walk or even bath your elephant while looking up closely to the day of your new pet. Be ready with the clothes to change as elephant can be really playful and try to spray you water.
(MEF is a non-government organization dedicated to improving the welfare of domestic elephants throughout Sri Lanka. As Taya Finch is up against animal cruelty, we always recommend a visit to MEF to support their charity).
On completion proceed to the Last Kingdom of Sri Lanka – Kandy.
Make a visit to the Temple of the Tooth followed by a visit to the Cultural Centre to witness the traditional dance performance performed by the Kandyan Dancers.
Dinner and Overnight stay at Amaya Hills, Kandy
Full Day Cycling Tour of Kandy
After breakfast we will take a short drive to meet our Cycling guide to start of the full day excursion that will take you through historical and the traditional industrial landscape of Kandy.
We will be riding along Mahaweli River which is Sri Lanka’s longest river to reach Garrison’s Cemetery which is burial lands to commemorate the soldiers who have dies from 01st and 2nd world wars.
Then head over to Gannoruwa Agro Farm – an 80-hectare facility where you can see local agriculture at its finest. A divers array of agricultural industries, such as fruit and vegetable gardens, beekeeping, plant pathology center, insect zoo and herbal gardens are on display.
Through the less traffic back routes we will reach a tea factory where you will lively see how the tea leaves are processed. A nice cup of tea at the end will help to refresh you to start off rolling towards Dawson Tower in Kadugannawa town which is our next attraction, a monument to the commanding engineer of Ceylon in 1800s’, Captain Dawson, who built the country’s first highway system.
The lunch will be prepared at a nice hygienic restaurant.
Next on the tour are three 14th Century Temples in the Pilimathalawa Area – The Gadaladeniya Temple, the Embekka Devalaya, famous for its intricate wood carving, and the Lankathilaka Temple – all with aesthetic, cultural and religious importance.
The tour will be concluded after reaching Peradeniya and you will be transferred back to the hotel thereafter after.
Dinner and Overnight at Amaya Hills, Kandy
Spot the Elephants
Kandy - Matale - Habarana
After breakfast, we will first make a visit to a Spice/Harbal Garden for an educational tour to learn of the various spices and herbs available in Sri Lanka along with tips of how they are used.
Enjoy a complimentary foot massage at the spice garden.
On completion we will proceed to Habarana.
Afternoon – We will proceed for a Game Drive at the Minneriya National Park. Within June – September, the Minneriya National park is famous across the World for what is known as the “Gathering” where the park is the only place in the world you will get to witness hundreds of Elephant coming together by the Minneriya Tank. You will get to watch these gentle giants drink, play and eat on the green lush grasses that has been exposed by the receding waters.
Transfer to your hotel on completion.
Dinner and Overnight stay at Habarana Village by Cinnamon.
After your breakfast, we will embark on a relaxing tour that takes you away from hustle and bustle of the city and deep in to the surroundings of Habarana/Sigiriya. Tree-filled landscapes and friendly locals greet you during this eye opening glimpse into a quieter way of life in a classical open top jeep.
We will take a short drive through the rural village towards Sigiriya Rock Fortress. This is your opportunity to experience one the World’s 8th Wonders from three different and unique angles. Stop at a local shop which will provide insight in to the life in the area. Observe the lifestyle of villagers going about their day, and enjoy refreshing taste of freshly plucked King Coconut.
On completion of the village excursion we will return to Kamatha Eco Lodge to experience an authentic village lunch.
After your lunch we will proceed for an off road adventure on you 4x4’s where we will go through different terrains through the forest and water and over the rocks. Be ready to get dirty as we will drive right through the muddy path on the drive.
We will end the day with a BBQ Dinner and later you will be transferred back to your accommodation.
Overnight stay at the hotel.
Relax by the Pristine Beach
Habarana - Trincomalee
Breakfast at the hotel.
Today before we begin our journey, you have the option of visiting the Magnificent Sigiriya Rock Fortress. The architectural masterpiece is the remaining proof of a glorious civilization.
Once you arrive from Sigiriya, we would check-out from the hotel and proceed to Trincomalee – the port city of northeast that sits on the world finest natural harbors and also providing the best beaches during this time of the year.
Check-in at your hotel and enjoy the rest of your day on leisure by the beach.
Dinner and Overnight stay at Trinco Blu by Cinnamon
Leisure by the beach
Breakfast at hotel.
Spend the full day on leisure by the beach and enjoying the facilities the hotel has to provide.
On this day you have the option of taking a;
a) City tour of Trincomalee visiting the Fort Fredrick (built in 1624 the fort remains formidable to this day), visit the Koneswaram Temple built atop ‘Swamy Rock’ a rock promontory cape overlooking Trincomalee. You will also visit the World War II Cemetery and learn more about the harbor that is central to Trincomalee’s history.
b) Excursion to Pigeon Island National Park. The name Pigeon Island comes about after the hundreds of endemic Blue Rock Pigeons that inhabits the Island. The Island is beautiful enough, with rock pools and path running through thickets, but it’s the underwater landscape that is the main highlight of the Island. With a shallow reef it makes snorkeling as satisfying as diving and it’s home to a dozen of corals, hundreds of reef fish including the blacktip reef shark and turtles.
Dinner and Overnight stay at Trinco Blu by Cinnamon
Ritigala Forest Monastery
Habarana - Ritigala - Anuradhapura
After a scrumptious breakfast we will proceed to Anuradhapura.
En-route making a visit to the Ritigala Forest Monastery. Surrounded by many mysteries and folklore the abandoned monastery was once home to forest monks who studied and lived the simple way of life removing themselves from the material world. Ritigala is surely a one of a kind experience, shaded by a thick canopy of jungle and stone pathways built into existing rocks. The incline to the peak of the mountain is gradual and is surrounded by sites of ruins of structures that were once used by the monks.
On completion begin your journey once again to Anuradhapura.
Upon arriving in Anuradhapura, check-in at the hotel and spend the remainder of the afternoon on leisure or you have the option of taking a tour of the sacred city.
Dinner and Overnight at Raja Rata Hotel, Anuradhapura
Game Drive in Wilpattu
Anuradhapura - Wilpattu - Colombo
With a packed breakfast, today we will proceed for a Game Drive at the Wilpattu National Park. Wilpattu meaning “natural lakes” in Sinhala, lakes are what you will find in Wilpattu. With the visitor numbers remaining low, even in the high season, this gives a genuine sense of Wilderness to the park. The Wilpattu national park is specially known for its population of Leopards and in addition the park is full of fascinating birds and animals.
On completion return back to the hotel for your check-out and we head to Colombo – the commercial capital of Sri Lanka.
Upon arriving in Colombo conduct a sightseeing tour covering the main attraction with the historical values.
Today’s dinner would be a special arrangements for a journey to connect to Sri Lanka’s history, culture and people through its local cuisine. Start exploring authentic local cuisine at Culinary Ceylon, prepared in a home cooked style using a family recipe passed down from the proprietor’s ancestors. Immense yourself in the local culture by “breaking bread” with a local. This guided curated experience distinguishes this from an ordinary restaurant visit. Listen to your curator as they carefully explain the origin of each dish and share the best of their knowledge and stories of the food you will enjoy.
Overnight stay at Fairway Hotel, Colombo.
Until we meet again
Colombo - Airport
After breakfast, proceed to the airport in time for your departure flight;
Speak to our Destination Specialist if you wish to extend your stay to spend more time in our magical Island.
** END OF TOUR **
- 9 nights’ accommodation in twin rooms with private en-suite facilities.
- Single travelers have the option to pay a single supplement to ensure a private room.
- 9 Breakfast / 2 Lunches / 8 Dinners
- Modern air-conditioned coach.
- Own your own elephant at the Millennium Elephant Foundation.
- A visit to the sacred Temple of the tooth.
- Cycle around the city of Kandy visiting the beautiful Garrison’s Cemetery, exploring the local agriculture at an Agro Farm, Tea experience and more.
- Learn more on the spices and herbs available in Sri Lanka during your visit the Spice Garden.
- Jeep Safari at the Minneriya National Park.
- Explore the village life style in Sri Lanka in an open top classical jeep.
- 4x4 off-road jeep experience in Habarana.
- BBQ by the Jungle.
- Visit to Sri Lanka’s port city – Trincomalee.
- Walk through the highest mountain range of Sri Lanka to the beautiful ruins of the Ritigala Monastery.
- Spot the Sri Lankan Leopard at Wilpattu National Park.
- City tour of the commercial capital of Colombo.
- Culinary Journey to connect to Sri Lanka’s history with a 7 course curated dinner experience at Culinary Ceylon.
- Service of your Taya Finch National Guide, who will be on hand with advice and tips and great knowledge of Sri Lanka to assist you throughout your tour.
- All taxes and fees included.
- Free Taya Finch souvenir – a memorable gift of your once in a lifetime trip.
- Tips of any personal nature / Porter charges.
- International flights.
- Travel insurance.
- Camera fees at sites.
- Cost of any optional excursions.
- Arrival / Departure airport transfers.
Terms & Conditions
- Issue of visa is at the sole discretion of the Sri Lanka immigration. Even through Sri Lanka do have on arrival visa, it is always advisable to apply for visa in advance online to avoid any inconvenience during a busy time at the airport. Request for the correct link from our Destination Specialists.
- Partners: When you book for more than one person, you will by default be grouped together (unless specifically requested not to). If you are unequal numbers (3, 5, 7 etc.) and are unable to secure a triple room, then the remaining person will be roomed with another passenger of the same gender.
- Single Travelers: If you are travelling alone, there is no extra charge. You will share a twin room with another passenger of the same gender. There is an optional single supplement available for you if you wish to have a private room. This can be added at the time of booking or by contacting one of our Destination Specialists. Please note that the room provided may be a single room with a single bed.
Children on Tour
- We would not recommend this tour for Children below 10 years of age considering the activities that are covered during the tour.
- As per the policies of the Local Authorities and hotels and child of age 12 and above will be charges at an adult rate.
- Children below the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who accepts full responsibility of them. Unaccompanied minors will not be accepted on tour. Taya Finch reserves the right to decline any booking at our discretion.
Arrival/Departure Airport Transfers
- Price does not include arrival/departure airport transfers.
- Speak to our Destination Specialist and book your transfers with Taya Finch on a very special discounted rate.
- Want to explore Sri Lanka more? Speak to our Destination Specialist with your requirements. We would be glad to assist you.
- All tours are guarantee to departure – So don’t worry about your tour being cancelled last minute.
- If you wish to include any optional excursions listed on the itinerary, please consult one of our Destination Specialist for more details.
- The itinerary and the dates are fixed and cannot be changed.
- If you already have a group of 10 adults or above – any amendment on the date or program can be considered – contact us for further details.