Explore Sri Lanka’s bustling commercial capital of Colombo with a short two day excursion discovering what Sri Lanka’s most lively city has to offer.
- 2 Nights’ accommodation at a 4 star hotel in the heart of Colombo.
- Explore the Sri Lanka’s commercial capital – Colombo.
- Breakfast Included.
- 10% discount from the hotel bar.
- 100% private tour.
- Total transportation in a modern air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of a well experienced Taya Finch chauffer guide throughout the tour.
Airport / Colombo
You will be greeted by our Taya Finch representative and will be driven to Sri Lanka’s bustling capital Colombo.
On arrival check in at the hotel and enjoy your time relaxing.
Colombo provides you a variety of dining options around the city to meet any cuisine your hear desires. So feel free to explore the city to stuffy your taste buds for dinner.
Overnight stay at the Fairway Hotel, Colombo.
After you enjoy your breakfast at the hotel, we begin our day to discover Colombo that is filled with stylish eateries, galleries, shops and Museums.
Our first stop will be to independence square, the memorial hall built to commemorate the independence of Sri Lanka from British rule in 1948. An impressive piece of art that clearly signifies the ancient architecture and the elaborate stone carvings and painting found at the memorial hall are simply breath taking.
While you continue to explore, you will come across many other historical sites such as the Old Parliament, Old Town Hall, and the Victoria Park are few of many.
Another eye catching piece of art you can visit would be the Jami Ul Alfar Mosque, most commonly known as the ‘Red Mosque’ one of the oldest mosques in Colombo lying in the busy streets of Pettah.
If you feel hungry for lunch, we would recommend a meal at the Gallery Café which is one of our personal favorites and the former office of the world renowned architect “Geoffrey Bawa”. If you are a lover of architect, the atmosphere would be just for you. Make sure to try those lemon tarts, they are the best in town.
Towards the later afternoon while the sun sets in, take a walk at the Galle Face Green enjoying the cool breeze from the ocean and trying out some fantastic street food from the local vendors.
Make an evening visit to the Old Dutch Hospital, a Colonial Era complex and the oldest building in Colombo, now lavishly restored having Colombo’s best cafes and restaurants and comes to life in the evening with an amazing atmosphere.
You will have a variety of dining options including the famous “Ministry of Crabs”, and one of our favorites is the “Culinary Ceylon” that provides you a curated experience through a 7 course meal that will take you through a journey of Sri Lanka’s history, as your curator carefully explain the origin of each dish and share the best of their knowledge and stories of the food you will enjoy.
Overnight stay at Fairway Hotel, Colombo
Colombo / Airport
- 2nights’ accommodation in double/twin rooms with private en-suite facilities.
- Single travelers have the option to pay a single supplement to ensure a private room.
- 02 Breakfast
- Modern air-conditioned vehicle throughout the tour.
- Visit to the independence square.
- Witness the Old Parliament, Old Town Hall Complex, Victoria Park etc.
- Taste a lime tart at the Gallery Café – Former office of World renowned Geoffrey Bawa.
- Walk through the Pettah Bazzar.
- Visit the Oldest Mosque in Colombo – The Red Mosque.
- Dine with the amazing atmosphere at the Old Dutch Hospital.
- Service of your Taya Finch Chauffer Guide, who will be on hand with advice and tips and great knowledge of Sri Lanka to assist you throughout your tour.
- 10% discount from the hotel bar.
- All taxes included.
- Tips of any personal nature / Porter charges.
- International flights.
- Travel insurance.
- Camera fees at sites.
- Cost of any optional excursions.
- Cost of Lunch/Dinner.
Terms & Conditions
Issue of visa is at the sole discretion of the Sri Lanka immigration. Please use the relevant ETA visa site when applying for visa. Kindly request assistance from our Destination Specialist for further details.
Double room: When you book you will by default provided a double room. However you also do have the option of requesting a twin room which can be provided on availability at no extra cost.
Twin Room: Twin room will most of time given with two single beds.
Single Travelers: There is an optional single supplement available for you if you wish to have a private room. This can be added at the time of booking or by contacting one of our Destination Specialists. Please note that the room provided may be a single room with a single bed.
Children on Tour
- Children below 2 years of age will be on FOC (sharing room with parents.
- Children of age 2 – 11 will be charges 50% on the adult rate (sharing room with parents).
- As per the policies of the Local Authorities and hotels and child of age 12 and above will be charges at an adult rate.
- Children below the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who accepts full responsibility of them. Unaccompanied minors will not be accepted on tour. Taya Finch reserves the right to decline any booking at our discretion.
Want to explore Sri Lanka more? Speak to our Destination Specialist with your requirements. We would be glad to assist you.
You have the flexibility of cancelling up to 30 days prior to the date of arrival with no cancellation charges.
The Itinerary is made to help you have an understanding of the tour, therefore any changes can be made upon you request (price may vary depending on the change). Please feel free to consult/contact one of our destination specialist for assistance.